New From Health Affairs
- April 19, 2017Web First
Medical Marijuana Laws Associated With Decline In Medicaid Prescriptions
- The authors found that Medicaid patients living in states with medical marijuana laws used fewer prescription drugs in five of nine clinical areas.
- April 21, 2017Health Reform
Loathing And Loving Toward Reform
- Bryan Dowd argues that to reach consensus on health reform, each side should accept something they loathe to get something they love.
- April 20, 2017HEALTH REFORM
The Future Of Delivery System Reform
- Joseph Antos and James Capretta cite bipartisan agreement on the goal of more effective and efficient care but call for greater private initiative and consumer incentives.
- April 03, 2017Global Health
Effects Of Access-To-Medicines Initiatives In Developing Countries
- Peter Rockers and coauthors found that current efforts to evaluate the impact of industry-led access-to-medicines in developing countries are inadequate.
From Obamacare To Trumpcare
- Will lawmakers repeal and replace or amend the ACA? What is the background on premium supports, block grants, and private insurance regulation? Health Affairs covers health reform in nonpartisan articles and briefs plus timely blogs from multiple points of view.
Culture Of Health
- Our Culture of Health topic hub brings together Web links from the new issue, as well as other related journal articles and posts from Health Affairs Blog.
Global Health Policy
- Health Affairs regularly explores global health policy matters in journal articles, Health Affairs Blog posts, and in thematic issues.
- Physicians who treat Medicare beneficiaries are subject to a new law and regulations governing their payment.March 27, 2017
Medicaid and Permanent Supportive Housing
- Medicaid offers opportunities to address supportive housing needs, but challenges remain.October 14, 2016
How To Win The Doctor Lottery
- Not every doctor-patient encounter is healing, and it can seem a game of chance. One patient explores what it takes to win.
Health Affairs California Delivery System Innovation Forum
- On March 22 Health Affairs held a forum in Sacramento, discussing delivery system innovation.
- From The Editor-In-Chief
- Entry Point: Tribal Health
- Eye On Health Reform
- Insurance Churn And Childbirth
- CHIP Kids Would Pay More In Marketplaces
- DATAWATCH: Seat-Belt Use In US Counties
- Physician And Patient Churn In An ACO
- THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE: Physician Time
- Imaging Use Declines, 2008-14
- Mystery Of The Chargemaster
- Cesarean Birth Rates In Mexico
- TV Ads Boosted ACA Enrollment
- Narrative Matters: The Doctor Lottery
- View Table of Contents »
- Health Policy’s Gordian Knot: Rethinking Cost Control 26 Apr 2017
- The MacArthur Amendment Language, Race In The Federal Exchange, And Risk Adjustment Coefficients 26 Apr 2017
- Correcting Misconceptions About Invisible Risk-Sharing 25 Apr 2017
- Evidence on Payment Reform: Where Are The Gaps? 25 Apr 2017
- A Good Deal For Eliminating Hepatitis C: Saving Money And Lives 24 Apr 2017
Now Playing The Work/Health RelationshipBriefing February 07, 2017
- When Patients Mentor Doctors: The Story Of One Vital Bond March 06, 2017
- The Work/Health Relationship Forum February 22, 2017
- The Work/Health Relationship February 07, 2017
- The Personal Toll Of Practicing Medicine February 06, 2017
- In Opioid Withdrawal, With No Help In Sight January 09, 2017
- Securing The Future Of Value-Based Payment April 18, 2017
- Health Affairs CA Forum: Delivery System Innovation March 22, 2017
- Delivery System Innovation March 07, 2017
- Work And Health Forum February 22, 2017
- Direct-To-Consumer Telehealth May Increase Access To Care But Does Not Decrease Spending
- Providing More Home-Delivered Meals Is One Way To Keep Older Adults With Low Care Needs Out Of Nursing Homes
- When Patients Mentor Doctors: The Story Of One Vital Bond
- The Triple Aim: Care, Health, And Cost
- Delivery System Innovation